Firstly, the Ministry of Prayer and Intercession is an engine and power house of the church. Scripturally, the identity of the church is prayer. Jesus, quoting Isaiah 56:7 in Mathew 21:13 says to them, “It has been written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer.’ But you have made it ‘a den of robbers.'”
Secondly, this ministry was born through God’s vision given to our Father in the Lord, the General Overseer of Bread of Life Church International, His Grace Bishop Dr. Joseph Imakando of bringing thousands into the Kingdom of God, feeding them with the Bread of Life and possessing the land.
Thirdly. The ministry is led by the Prayer Coordinator and is supported by the Assistant Prayer Coordinator. The Ministry has other ministry positions that include the treasurer, events coordinator among others.
Further, the Ministry of Prayer and Intercession before the advent of Covid-19 would normally hold prayer meetings on Mondays, Saturdays and Sundays in the prayer room. Currently, the ministry has embraced online platforms and collaboration to execute most of its activities.
Furthermore, the ministry comprises prayer warriors of all age groups and different professions who are blended into seven daily prayer partnerships that cover the Church 24/7. Apart from that, the ministry conducts regularly the following prayer and intercession activities;
- Daily Online and Physical Prayer Watches;
- Mid-night Prayer watches;
- Monday, Thursday and Friday Evening Prayer Watches through which the needs of the church, the people, families and the nations are prayed over;
- Prayer and Fasting the first three days of the month;
- Forty Days of Prayer and Fasting at the beginning of every year;
- Deliverance Class every other Saturday both Online and Physically; and
- Prayer School that will now be conducted online.
In light of the aforesaid prayer school, a lot of people have graduated through the ministry of prayer school and have been very resourceful in the ministry of intercession and the church at large.
You can send your prayer requests through the contacts shared on this website, and if you feel the need to see or talk to someone, indicate and we will revert to you.